Literacy Now Cowichan Society
Director of the Board - Literacy Now Cowichan Society
Adults who communicate well in written and oral English, have good interpersonal skills, maturity and discretion and are caring, non-judgmental and have patience. It helps to have a passion for working toward a vision where citizens of the Cowichan region can participate in the community through strong literacy skills.
Ongoing Opportunity (> 1 year)
Description of Position1. Regularly attend board meetings and important related meetings. Usually the commitment is once per month and right now regular meetings are the first Sunday of the month at 10 am.
2. Makes serious commitment to participate actively in committee work. Committees are ad hoc as the need requires.
3. Volunteers for and willingly accepts assignments and completes them thoroughly and on time.
4. Stays informed about committee matters, prepare yourself well for meetings, and reviews and comments on minutes and reports.
5. Get to know other committee members and builds a collegial working relationship that contributes to consensus.
6. Is an active participant in the Board's annual evaluation and planning efforts.
7. Participates in fund raising for the organization. At this time, there is one yearly fundraising event.
Contact InformationSend Email to: Kathleen Erickson, Executive Director