Points of Interest Purchase Coordinator Volunteer
6 months to 1 year
Description of PositionDo you love supporting local businesses and building community? We need YOU to help as a Point of Interest Purchase Coordinator volunteer for the MS Bike in Cowichan Valley!
The Points of Interest (POI) Purchase Coordinator assists with connecting to local businesses who act as Points of Interest along the route for the MS Bike Cowichan Valley Experience. Your main task on the volunteer committee is to ensure participants have a comfortable space to rest at the Points of Interest during the event, and that any purchases made will be kept safe at the main event location, Shawnigan Lake School.
The MS Bike will be held on July 18 & 19, 2020. This event raises funds to support MS research, and programs and services for individuals and families connected to MS. Your role helps to engage and thank participants for their incredible fundraising work.
Contributing your time and talents to the MS Bike event is a meaningful opportunity to give back to your community and those affected by MS, all while meeting great people and having fun. MS Bikes are only possible with the support of our AMAZING volunteers.
• Contribute to building positive community change
• Work with a fun, dynamic group of people
• Work ‘behind the scenes’ of a well-known fundraising event
• Gain valuable work experience
• Develop leadership skills
• Recognition from the MS Society
• Review the SWOT, equipment list and POI purchase plan from the previous year and update as needed
• Train POI purchase keepers and purchase sorters on event weekend
• Check in with POI’s during the event to pick up participant purchases and make sure volunteers have all the supplies required at their POI
• Check-in with POI purchase pick-up driver to ensure all purchases are picked-up on time and delivered to the purchase pick-up room
• Check with POI’s to make sure they are labelling the purchases correctly
• Set-up and oversee the purchase pickup room at Shawnigan Lake School
• Take down the purchase pickup area at the conclusion of the event and give leftover purchases to the MS Society for follow-up
• Recruit volunteers to fill your areas of responsibility
• Document, throughout the weekend, recommendations for the following year
Attend 1 - 2 committee meetings before the event (1 – 1.5 hours each). Meeting dates and times to be determined.
Be present during set-up and take down and on route during the event.
Ongoing training and support by MS Staff and volunteer committee.
To apply, please contact Julia at Julia.firstname.lastname@example.org or 250-388-6496 ext. 7326.
Contact InformationSend Email to: Julia Zougas
250-388-6496 ext. 7326