Food Coordinator - MS Bike 2020
6 months to 1 year
Description of PositionIf you dream about food and want to help build your community, the MS Society needs YOU!
The MS Bike will be held on July 18 & 19, 2020 at Shawnigan Lake School in the Cowichan Valley area. This event raises funds to support MS research and programs for individuals and families connected to MS. As a Food Coordinator on our volunteer committee, you will help to ensure all participants enjoy food and drink at the event, and feel accomplished and thanked for their fundraising efforts.
Contributing your time and talents to the MS Bike committee is a meaningful opportunity to give back to your community and those affected by MS, all while meeting great people and having fun. MS Bikes are only possible with the support of our AMAZING volunteers.
• Review and update the previous year’s SWOT and equipment list regarding food
• Develop a weekend “menu” with the sponsorships and food budget and confirm with the committee
• Organize suppliers, food order, payment and delivery with the Event Coordinator
• Review Food Safe requirements with the logistics coordinator
• Recruit volunteers for your areas of responsibility
• Set up the food service areas on event weekend
• Create and deliver a food/rest stop volunteer orientation script
• Oversee the food preparation, rest stop and beverage table volunteers
• Monitor food amounts and restock when required
• Maintain the cleanliness of the food preparation and service areas
• Clean-up and take down the food preparation and service areas at the conclusion of the event
• Help recruit volunteers to fill your areas of responsibility on event weekend
• Document, throughout the weekend, recommendations for the following year
• Clear communicator
• Good customer service and organization skills
• Understanding of Food Safe requirements
• Must be able to do some heavy lifting (ex. tents, tables, chairs)
Attend 7 – 8 committee meetings before the event (1 – 1.5 hours each) and a post-event wrap-up meeting. Meeting dates and times to be determined. Be present at the event from set-up to take down.
• Contribute to the community.
• Work with a fun, dynamic group of people
• Work ‘behind the scenes’ of a well-known fundraising event
• Gain valuable work experience
• Develop leadership skills
• Recognition from the MS Society
Contact InformationSend Email to: Julia Zougas
250-388-6496 ext. 7326