Site Coordinator Volunteer
6 months to 1 year
Description of PositionSite Coordinators are needed for the MS Bike Cowichan Valley Experience! The MS Bike will be held on July 18 & 19, 2020 at Shawnigan Lake School in the Cowichan Valley area. This event raises funds to support MS research and programs for individuals and families connected to MS.
As a Site Coordinator, you will ensure the site is set up and signs are displayed properly, and that the transitions from morning to afternoon/evening happen smoothly and efficiently.
Contributing your time and talents to the MS Bike committee is a meaningful opportunity to give back to your community and those affected by MS, all while meeting great people and having fun. MS Bikes are only possible with the support of our AMAZING volunteers.
• Alter the site set-up maps as required based on previous year’s SWOT and current year’s requirements, then confirm with the committee
• Ensure recorded music (tape or mp3) program is created and available for event
• Review and update signage and equipment requirements with Event Coordinator
• Create and deliver a site set-up crew orientation/training script
• Set up site tents, tables, chairs, signage, finish line, PA system and music, etc. on event weekend and site take-down at conclusion of event
• Clean tables and chairs
• Work with the event logistics coordinator to ensure set-up happens as required
• Photograph each set-up change for records
• Recruit volunteers to fill your areas of responsibility on event weekend
• Document, throughout the weekend, recommendations for the SWOT
• Clear communicator
• Ability to manage interruptions and react to the needs of other event coordinators, volunteers and participants
• Must be comfortable using tools for set up
• Must be able to read a map
• Must be flexible to last minute changes
• Must be able to do some heavy lifting
Attend 7 – 8 committee meetings before the event (1 – 1.5 hours each) and a post-event wrap-up meeting. Meeting dates and times to be determined. Be present on site the night before the event to begin set-up, during the event to continue set-up and take down and at the end of the event for site teardown.
• Contribute to building positive community change
• Work with a fun, dynamic group of people
• Work ‘behind the scenes’ of a well-known fundraising event
• Gain valuable work experience
• Develop leadership skills
• Recognition from the MS Society
Contact InformationSend Email to: Julia Zougas
250-388-6496 ext. 7326