MS Society of Canada
Route Set-Up Coordinator
6 months to 1 year
Description of PositionIf you love helping to organize events, the MS Society needs YOU!
Route Set-Up Coordinators are needed for the MS Bike Cowichan Valley Experience on July 18 & 19! This event helps to support the MS Society by funding research on MS, and providing programs and services for individuals and families in the MS community. As a Route Set-Up Coordinator, you will help to ensure the Bike Tour route is clearly marked and signage is set-up properly.
• Work with the event Site Coordinator to update the route map as required to include changes and new points of interest
• Work with Davenport maps to have the map updated and printed
• Confirm route signage set-up volunteer requirements with the staff Volunteer Coordinator
• Review signage and equipment requirements with the Site Coordinator
• Review signage set up sheet and make changes/updates as needed
• Prepare signage for event day – put in order or attach to brackets as required
• Recruit volunteers to help with signage set-up
• Greet and train/orient signage set-up volunteers
• Assist signage set-up volunteers with route signage set-up
• Drive route to ensure signage was set-up properly
• Take down the route signage at the conclusion of each event day
• Document, throughout the weekend, recommendations for the following year
• Provide feedback on your area of responsibility for the event report
• Provide recommendations for signage requirements for the next year
Attend 7 – 8 committee meetings before the event (1 – 1.5 hours each) and a post-event wrap-up meeting. Meeting dates and times to be determined. Be present on route during set-up and take down.
• Contribute to building positive community change
• Work with a fun, dynamic group of people
• Work ‘behind the scenes’ of a well-known fundraising event
• Gain valuable work experience
• Develop leadership skills
• Recognition from the MS Society
To apply or for more information, please contact Julia.email@example.com or 250-388-6496 x 7326.
Contact InformationSend Email to: Julia Zougas
250-388-6496 ext. 7326