Clements Centre Society
Clements Centre Society Day Program Swimming Assistant
- 6 months to 1 year
- Ongoing Opportunity (> 1 year)
Description of Position• The volunteer will assist two regular staff persons in delivering a swimming program at the Cowichan Aquatics Centre, on Thursdays from 10am-12pm.
• This program supports 4 individuals with diverse abilities, and includes both men and women.
• The program consists of walking lengths in the wave pool and lazy river for exercise, and enjoying the company of community members.
• Support will include assistance in the change room, walking with participants in the pool, facilitating activities enjoyed by each individual, and monitoring everyone's safety by ensuring no one is left alone.
• Your help is very appreciated by the individuals supported and the program staff; and program staff will guide you to meet the goals of the program. This is a lovely group of people whose program depends on a kind, friendly, and supportive volunteer to keep them safe.
• As a support worker, you are not required to pay admission to the pool when supporting these individuals.
• It is expected that you will adhere to the Clements Centre Society Volunteer Policies.
Contact InformationSend Email to: Amy Gibb
250-746-4135, ext. 230