Focus on Youth
Volunteer Opportunities for Youth
- Youth projects and inclusive leadership adventures are offered.
- Get volunteer experience in the medical field.
Support Services for Youth
IN THE COWICHAN VALLEY:
1. Community Options Society (COS)
- Free Counseling: We offer FREE for teens 13-19, their families and young parents up to age 26
- Leadership and Resiliency Program (Ages 12-17)
- Independent living support
- Parenting courses and support groups
- Youth Drop In Centre
- Youth Activities
- Eating Disorders
- Affordable Counseling
- Sexual Abuse Intervention
- Child Grief Support – for child who have experienced a loss through death, divorce or other painful transition. (Ages 6-12)
QUICK LINKS FOR YOUTH
Skills Link, Service Canada
A wage subsidy program helping youth, facing barriers to employment, learn and develop the broad range of skills and work experience they need to participate in the job market.
Youth Against Violence Line (YAVL)
Stand Up. Be Heard. Get Help. 1.800.680.4264
An abundance of information on youth support for education and employment and life changes.